Price - 43.50 $ / unit
This Joint Stabilizing Protector is specially designed to stop the movement of aggregates (permeable paver joints*) or sand (conventional paver joints) while preserving the original colour of pavers. With no significant impact on permeability of aggregates, it prevents erosion and deterioration due to chemical products such as de-icing salts, while providing resistance to acids and alkalis. Its transparent film is microporous and stops the penetration of contaminants, facilitating the maintenance of pavers. Water based, this product does not release unpleasant fumes and it is environmentally friendly.
* Refer to paver manufacturer recommendations for aggregate specifications and permeable paver system.
3,78 L covers from 4.5 to 12 m2 (50 to 125 sq.ft.) / 18.93 L cover from 22.5 to 60 m2 (250 to 625 sq. ft.).
Required quantity will depend on joint width and depth, type of sand or aggregate, and surface porosity.
Keep from freezing. Store in a cool, dry place.
Size : 3.78 liters - 18.93 liters
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
• Do not apply to natural stone, wet-cast pavers as well as stamped or poured concrete. • Do not apply to a polished material. • Apply only to bare material* or to material previously sealed with this product. Wait until the Protector is worn to recoat the surface (minimum 2-3 years). • With the appropriate Techniseal® stripper, remove any unknown coating that was previously applied. • Wear adequate protective clothing. • ALWAYS TEST on a small hidden area of approximately 0.4 m2 (4 sq. ft.) to ensure that result meets your expectations (see Warranty).
* ABSORPTION TEST : Sprinkle a few drops of water on surface. If water is absorbed, move on to the next point. If water is repelled, do not apply this product and contact Techniseal Technical Service.
SURFACE PREPARATION (ESSENTIAL)
1.Cover vegetation, vehicles and adjacent surfaces that are not to be treated.
2. Remove stains with the appropriate Techniseal® stain removers.
3.Prepare the entire surface with HD Paver Prep from Techniseal® (efflorescence cleaner), as directed on product label.
Note: When rinsing a cleaning product, use appropriate water pressure that will not displace aggregates.
Application Conditions :
• Surface must be clean, dry and warm to the touch.
• Temperature must be between 10°C and 26°C. At low temperature, this product will take more time to dry. It is important for the temperature to be at a minimum of 15°C during the first 24 hours of drying.
• No rain forecasted for the next 24 hours.
• Sprinkler system must be turned off.
• Use a consistent application method over entire surface.
Necessary Tools :
• Low-pressure airless sprayer (< 50 psi) or pump sprayer
• 9 to 15 mm (3/8” to 5/8”) polyester nap roller (depending on paver texture)
Do not dilute. Shake well or stir product before and during application. Product is milky white in its container and will become clear once dry.
Work in sections of no more than 4.5 m2 (50 sq. ft.). Using the sprayer, saturate the surface and the joints with a single coat of Protector. With the roller, remove excess on the surface before it dries, while redirecting excess product into the joints. Avoid displacing the aggregates with the roller. Repeat for subsequent sections, maintaining a wet edge in order to prevent overlap marks.
Traffic : Pedestrian: 12 h. / Vehicular: 24 h. Block access during that period.
• Frequent and aggressive maintenance could affect aggregate joint binding. • Any new concrete product has the potential to produce efflorescence (whitish salts) on its surface. This Protector, like any film forming coating, carries a small risk of trapping efflorescence beneath its film. Consult the paver manufacturer or contact Techniseal for more information 1 800 465-7325. • Do not attempt sprayer application on windy days. • Do not apply this product over a blotchy or hazed surface. • This product will make the surface more slippery when wet. • An over-accumulation of product could make dust stick onto the surface. • Extreme climate or heavy traffic could limit product longevity.
CLEANING & DISPOSAL
Wash tools and hands with warm soapy water. Consult your retailer or municipality regarding the disposal of empty containers or unused product.